Aerations fans are used where air/oxygen is required to be driven into a process to promote its reaction e.g. blowing air into stores of biological matter to make compost.
Other uses can be to pass foul or odour laden air through biological beds to remove the bad smells and VOC’s.
Relevant Construction Materials:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
Common fan features
- Gas-tight bearings to isolate potentially dangerous gases within the case.
- Shaft sealing from simple PTFE glands through to nitrogen or water-purged carbon ring seals
- Impeller inspection hatches.
- Acoustic and thermal lagging solutions.
- Inlet / outlet silencers as well as complete acoustic chambers.
- Inlet Guide Vane, louvre, butterfly or guillotine dampers.
- Safety guards and electrical isolators.
- Ambient air inlet filters and silencers
- ATEX in-house testing and certification.
Applications involving extreme temperatures, down to -50oC and as high as 850oC, or dealing with explosive, poisonous or corrosive gases, mandate the use of exotic materials such as Hastelloy or Titanium, to ensure long-term reliability and safety. Many of the special features incorporated into our fans have been designed to meet our customer’s special needs and the following list gives a taste of Halifax Fan’s wide experience. That experience is there to meet the challenge presented by your fan application.