Mineral wool has countless applications, it's excellent thermal/acoustic insulating and is fire resistant properties coupled with relatively low cost offers a durable product heavily used throughout the building and industrial sectors.
'Spinning': The process in which it is made is fascinating; High-pressure air is blown across a shower of 1600°C molten rock. Resulting in a process similar to Candyfloss production.
We supply several robust fans delivering this air to sites around the world to one of the largest Mineral wool manufacturers.
Common features are:
- 500KW motor
- High-speed impellers
- High-speed Halifax M125 bearing unit
- Oil cooling and lubrication system
- Case acoustically lagged (with mineral wool)
- Finite element analysis of impellers
- Vibration monitoring system