Fume control can make special demands on the extraction fan. Frequently the chemical process involved produces highly corrosive fumes at high temperature and in this case the materials selected for the construction of the fan are critical to long-term reliability and the fans must be constructed to a high specification such as the ICI Arduous Duty specification.
Relevant construction materials:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
Common fan features
- Gas-tight bearings to isolate potentially dangerous gases within the case.
- Impeller inspection hatches.
- Acoustic and thermal lagging solutions.
- Inlet / outlet silencers as well as complete acoustic chambers.
- Inlet Guide Vane, louvre, butterfly or guillotine dampers.
- Safety guards and electrical isolators.
- Ambient air inlet filters and silencers
Applications involving extreme temperatures, down to -50oC and as high as 850oC, or dealing with explosive, poisonous or corrosive gases, mandate the use of exotic materials such as Hastelloy or Titanium, to ensure long-term reliability and safety. Many of the special features incorporated into our fans have been designed to meet our customer’s special needs and the following list gives a taste of Halifax Fan’s wide experience. That experience is there to meet the challenge presented by your fan application.