Incineration and raw-fuel combustion share many of the same characteristics where fans are concerned. Halifax Fan offers a wide variety of heavy duty ID and FD fans ideally suited to the efficient combustion of all manner of waste and the extraction and filtering of the resulting fumes. Heat recovery is increasingly often the aim of incineration as opposed to the simple destruction of waste and involves sophisticated control of the combustion process including damper and speed control of the fans.
Relevant construction materials:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
Common fan features
- Impeller inspection hatches.
- Acoustic and thermal lagging solutions.
- Inlet / outlet silencers as well as complete acoustic chambers.
- Inlet Guide Vane, louvre, butterfly or guillotine dampers.
- Safety guards and electrical isolators.
- Ambient air inlet filters and silencers
Applications involving extreme temperatures, down to -50oC and as high as 850oC, or dealing with explosive, poisonous or corrosive gases, mandate the use of exotic materials such as Hastelloy or Titanium, to ensure long-term reliability and safety. Many of the special features incorporated into our fans have been designed to meet our customer’s special needs and the following list gives a taste of Halifax Fan’s wide experience. That experience is there to meet the challenge presented by your fan application.