Vacuum fans are basically high pressure low volume induced draft fans. A powerful vacuum can be employed to transport materials, for holding work-pieces in place and the cleaning-up the workplace or machines of swarf and waste material. Vacuum fans are also used for stacking and transporting sheet material. Consistent airflow and constant pressure are critical to such applications.
Relevant construction materials:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Coated Carbon steel
Common fan features
- Shaft sealing from simple PTFE glands through to nitrogen or water-purged carbon ring seals
- Impeller inspection hatches.
- Acoustic and thermal lagging solutions.
- Inlet / outlet silencers as well as complete acoustic chambers.
- Inlet Guide Vane, louvre, butterfly or guillotine dampers.
- Safety guards and electrical isolators.
- Ambient air inlet filters and silencers.
Applications involving extreme temperatures, down to -50oC and as high as 850oC, or dealing with explosive, poisonous or corrosive gases, mandate the use of exotic materials such as Hastelloy or Titanium, to ensure long-term reliability and safety. Many of the special features incorporated into our fans have been designed to meet our customer’s special needs and the following list gives a taste of Halifax Fan’s wide experience. That experience is there to meet the challenge presented by your fan application.